Full of flavor, protein, AND under 300 calories a serving, this dish is a must from Lake Austin Spa’s Fresh Cookbook:
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup brewed tea
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 three ounce boneless, skinless, all-natural chicken breasts
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 4 green onions -sliced
- 12 medium uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sherry, tea, pineapple juice, soy sauce and honey in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Lay out chicken cutlets on a cutting board. Beside the board, combine cinnamon, ginger, pepper and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken breast (both sides).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Place the chicken on the grill and cook fully on both sides. Add the almonds and cilantro to the chicken (sprinkling on both sides). Cook until lightly toasted. Place heat to low.
- Get out a cutting board and chop up your pepper and green onion. Next take out another skillet and sprinkle with the remaining oil. Cook the bell pepper, onion, and shrimp for 1 minute on medium/high. Then add the sherry/tea mixture and cook until the mixture is reduced by half (and the shrimp is fully cooked).
- Time to Serve! Get out your dinner dish (I recommend bowls or plates that dip so you can lay on the juice!) Place your chicken on the dish first, place the shrimp on top, and top of it off with a drizzle of juice and peppers. Garnish with a small piece of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!