The Ultimate Snack Board
Whether you are a Soccer Mom, Dance Mom, Carpool Mom, or just a Mom looking for a healthy snack, this one’s for you. Every day when I pick up my kids from school they are starving!! Of course I want to fill them up with healthy and nutritious snacks rather then the go-to crap my mom gave me back in the day (it’s ok mom, I survived!!). So when given the task at a recent soccer game to bring the team snacks, I thought about what a dream Kid Snack Board would be, and brought it to life.
Here it is… the Healthiest Snack Board that will have you and the kiddos smiling. Here’s what’s on my board and why I chose it…
- Perfect Bars: 15+ grams of protein, offer a convenient dose of vitamin and mineral-dense nutrition thanks to the organic superfood blend found in every one of their products, Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP uses only real ingredients, which makes an oh-so-delicious difference, but it’s 45 calories a cup. Even there Light Kettle Corn is their classic Sea Salt popcorn with a little cane sugar thrown in. It’s big on flavor, but has 50% less fat and 15% fewer calories than leading kettle corn. Like a lot less—35 calories a cup. Which, let’s face it, is pretty darn amazing.
- Freeze Dried Bananas. The ingredients is “Bananas” and that’s it. I love them because they have the crunch of a chip but the health of a banana. I buy mind at Trader Joes.
- Babybel Cheese: This 100% real cheese snack has no artificial growth hormones*, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. And as a good source of calcium and protein, it’s a delicious snack the whole family will love.
- Fruit Sticks: Of course I want my kids to load up on Fruits so by cutting cute into fun shapes (or in this case, letters) and putting a fair amount on a Kabob stick, I am hopeful they will dig right in!! (Here is a link to the cookie cutters I bought on Amazon).
Photography by Yesi of Simply Lively
Thank you to Perfect Bars for collaborating on this post.