Do the Wednesday blues got you down? Well, it’s time to take that blue energy and convert it into something fabulous… like a gorgeous blue table. I always find that hosting a mid-week dinner with a few close friends, or even just my husband, can make the hardest day of the week go by faster because I have something to look forward to! Think this table looks too fancy to put together on a weekday? My gorgeous table took just minutes to assemble. And the best part? A fancy table doesn’t necessitate fancy cooking. Hop on seamless web, order something delicious, then serve it on your nice dishes. (If you can order it fast enough you may even have your guests fooled that you cooked!) So follow my easy steps below to assemble and remember that by the end of dinner you are less than 2 days away from the weekend!
What you will need per table setting:
- Placemats: Chilewich
- Plates: Ralph Lauren
- Silverware: Waterford
- Waterglasses: Libbey Impressions via Bed Bath & Beyond
- Wine Glasses: Riedel
- Napkins: Bed, Bath, & Beyond
- Napkin Rings: Juliska
- Put down your placemats
- Place your dinner plates in the center of each matt.
- Layer your salad plates on top of your dinner plates.
- Arrange your silverware keeping cuisine in mind. Remember sharp knives for steak, spoons for soup, or chopsticks for sushi!
- Place your water glasses above the plates on the right hand side. [Feeling fancy? Serve Pellegrino instead of Tap Water!]
- Place your wine glasses just to the right of your water glasses. (I am assuming you are more than likely you are in need of a drink by Wednesday.)
- Time to arrange your pretty napkin. Take your cloth napkin and grab from the center. Hold your napkin ring and pull the napkin through to the halfway point. Place your finished product on top of your salad plate. [*Traditionally your napkin would go to the left of your placemat outside of your silverware, but it’s fun to change it up!]
- You are done! Now go ahead and enjoy a well deserved mid-week meal at a beautiful table!