I LOVE a delicious 7 layer dip but store bought ones can be LOADED with calories and fat. So when the FHF requested a 7 layer dip for a group of 10 guy friends coming over for football, I decided to scour the internet for a recipe that made me feel absolutely guiltless if I decided to join in on the fun.
I decided to use a recipe from Medicinenet.com because it had all of the ingredients I love, and was only 85 calories and 4.4 grams of fat per serving! Here are directions for making this delicious recipe.
- 8 ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1-ounce packet taco seasoning mix
- 15-ounce can fat-free or vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend i.e. Jack and cheddar (I decided to use shredded Weight Watchers Cheese)
- 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives (optional)
- 15-ounce container of Guacamole
- In small bowl blend sour cream with taco seasoning.
- In a clear glass deep dish bowl or conatiner (which you plan to serve the dip in… so make it a nice looking one) Spread the refried beans in the bottom
- Top the beans with the sour cream mixture.
- Then top that with the guacamole.
- Spread the tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle chopped onions, shredded cheese, and black olives.
- Serve with reduced-fat tortilla chips or reduced-fat crackers, chopped veggies, and extra napkins. Then enjoy!