On Saturday nights when our dinner reservations range from 8:30 – 9:30 pm, I always like to whip up a light appetizer for me and the FHH to munch on while getting ready. Shrimp sounded like the perfect solution to something “light” but “filling” and this recipe is loaded with flavor, so 3 big checks on my list! Click HERE for the recipe I followed (which I cut in half since I was only serving 2).
*Note 1 – In this article I have the recipe for the perfect complimentary avocado dipping sauce (featured in the picture above). **Note 2 – This shrimp recipe is great as an appetizer, as a main dish served with rice and veggies, or a fab salad topper!
Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cilantro, cumin and oil and whisk well.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Do not marinate shrimp longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the shrimp.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the cooked shrimp from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Hass Avocado Puree. Garnish the shrimp with fresh sprigs of cilantro and serve.