Kale & Artichoke Dip
- • Appetizers
- • Recipes
Since Kale is the “trendy” vegetable of 2013, I thought this recipe was perfect, because spinach artichoke dip is so last year! This dip is great to have on hand in the fridge… whether guests pop over and you want to put out a snack- serve alongside pita chips… you want a break from your usual mayo or mustard turkey sandwich, use this as a tangy spread… or simply to give your chicken dinner a whole new twist, use this as your “gravy” right on top!Ingredients (makes 2 cups):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 5 ounces chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (for garnish-optional)
- 1 cup chopped (canned) artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and onion, and sauté for 1 minute. Add kale and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add wine and cover for 1 minute or until kale has wilted and all the liquid has dissolved from the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove mixture from stove and transfer to a food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients and stir together, then add the kale mixture, mix well.