My family has a loving tradition that on your birthday morning, all of the members in the family get up bright and early to make an elaborate breakfast in bed for the birthday girl/boy. It is something that is so special to me that even my husband has carried on the tradition as we moved to our own home. For this Valentine’s Day I decided why not carry the tradition over. It’s so much more intimate than a crowded restaurant, plus will totally catch my hubby off guard. So how does one make the perfect Valentine’s Day tray? 1. Pink accents – such as these adorable (and reversible) Sail to Sable cloth napkins and Godiva Pink Chocolates. 2. Choosing the perfect menu. The FHH loved my Scones that I made in THIS FH article, so to add a little extra, I splurged on some fancy jellies to make them even more special.
So, if you are ready to cancel that dinner reservation and do something a little more intimate, just follow these easy steps.
What you will need:
- A tray
- Fresh flowers in a small vase (Mine is from West Elm)
- Festive Napkins (Mine are from Sail to Sable)
- Water Glass and Coffee Mug (Coffee Mug is from C Wonder) optional: Juice glass
- Pink Chocolates (Mine are from Godiva)
- A delicious Breakfast
- Plate and Silverware
- Fancy Jams (Like mine from Bonne Maman, if you are making my scone recipe)
How to assemble your tray:
- Start by placing your glasses in the top right hand corner.
- Next fold your napkin and place on the left, apply silverware on top.
- Add your flowers to the top right corner. Place your jams right beside the flowers. Place your plate of food in the center.
- Adorn the white area of the tray surrounding your plate with pink chocolates.