You guys know I love a good cheeseboard for any party (I have a whole section dedicated to them!!), so for my upcoming Holiday celebrations this weekend I couldn’t wait to create something festive! This time I wanted to change it up and mix in some sweets for guests to enjoy! The outcome was a perfectly merry and bright mix of sweet and savory, with a few cute christmas treats in the mix! Here is what I used to create my Holiday Cheese Board if you want some inspiration for your upcoming soiree!
Holiday Cheese Board:
- Two “shapes” of cheese: here I went with one sliced and one cubed. I know this is a funny thought but I like the contrast of a few shapes…. one can be a triangle cheese (un-cut) like a brie, the other can be cubed, or another can be sliced from one of those pre-sliced packets!! I went with sharp cheddar for both of my cheeses and did one section of sliced squares and the other section cubed on different ends of the board.
- Two types of crackers: one a classic, like Carrs Water Crackers and the other one healthy, like Raincoast Crisps Cranberry and Hazelnut Crackers. I fan my crackers and place them throughout the platter.
- Two types of nuts: one a sugar coated almond and the other a sesame coated cashew. You can place these in little bowls or simply place a cluster in any area your board looks empty!
- Sweets: I chose white chocolate peppermint bark, vanilla coated “star” pretzels, and peppermint hershey kisses. You can really do anything but I liked the white chocolate options!!
- Rosemary (which looks and smells like Christmas to me!!). Perfect for filling in any “holes” on the platter, plus gives it that hint of green!
- Finish off the look: sprinkle cranberries and a few baby candy canes throughout! Lastly, place an ornament in the center (here I chose a mini wreath).
- Make it instagram-friendly: Place a string of Twinkle Lights around the tray to make the display pop at night. And don’t forget to serve alongside “Merry Plates”(similar)!
Hope everyone has a fab Holiday weekend!!
Shop the post:
Photography by Yesi of Simply Lively