When I was in Miami visiting family, my mom and I made these light appetizer shots and they were a hit!
Spanish Tomato & Cucumber Gazpacho Ingredients: (serves 12 shot glasses)
- 2.5 pounds ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 mild red chili pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Directions: Put tomatoes, garlic, cucumbers, chilis, red bell peppers, and onions into a large bowl and toss to combine. Working in batches, puree vegetables in a blender or food processor until smooth, adding a little water if mixture seems too thick. Strain puree through a medium sieve, discarding peels and seeds. Place half of the strained puree back into the food processor, add vinegar, and puree again. With food processor still running, drizzle in the oil. (This will turn the soup slightly orange.) Return to bowl with remaining puree, stir well and season with salt. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.